1) According to Christian tradition, which apostle wrote the Book of Revelation?
2) Which Stephen King novel was his self-described attempt to “do the Lord of the Rings with an American background”?
3) What bestselling series of novels, named after the first book in the series, includes Tribulation Force, Soul Harvest, The Indwelling, Armageddon, and Kingdom Come?
4) After writing his post-apocalyptic novel The Road, Cormac McCarthy won the Pulitzer Prize and had his first television interview. Who interviewed him?
5) What movie ends with these lines: “You maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!”
6) What 1983 foreign-language song did VH1 select as #10 on their list of the 100 Greatest One-Hit Wonders?
7) R.E.M.’s song “It’s the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)” mentions four famous people with the initials LB. Name two of them.
8) Henry Bemis had all the time he wanted to read — but now he’s “just a part of a smashed landscape, just a piece of the rubble, just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself.” What ironic thing happened to Henry Bemis that inspired these closing comments on The Twilight Zone?
9) “This is the way the world ends / not with a bang but a whimper” are the last lines of what TS Eliot poem?
10) In May of this year, CBS canceled Jericho. To protest, fans sent over 20 tons of what to CBS headquarters?
2) The Stand
3) Left Behind
4) Oprah Winfrey
5) Planet of the Apes
6) “99 Luftballoons” / “99 Red Balloons”
7) Leonard Bernstein, Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce, Lester Bangs
8) he broke his glasses
9) “The Hollow Men”
(Round 2 at the Old Pequilar on June 26, 2oo7.)