From the vaults! This is one of the first pub quiz rounds I ever wrote, back a few years ago when a friend of mine was hosting at the Old Pequliar. I’m posting the questions as I wrote them; in the next few days, I’ll go through and revise them applying what I’ve learned since then. (I don’t think it’s a bad batch of questions, but there is, as they say, room for improvement.)
1) What was the name of the big dance at Hill Valley High School back in 1955?
2) Sunnydale High School attracts more than its fair share of vampires, demons and other paranormal bad guys because it sits on top of what mystical/geographical feature?
3) The Ramones’ visit to Vince Lombardi High School was immortalized in what 1979 movie?
4) Students of Tromaville High School are exposed to radioactive waste from the neighboring power plant in what 1986 b-movie?
5) Riverdale High school is home to a multi-decade romantic triangle: Archie Andrews can never choose between Betty and Veronica. What are Betty and Veronica‘s last names?
6) What series of over 150 books, centered around the lives of twins Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield, ended in 1998?
7) What TV show featuring a petite blonde heroine fighting for justice in Neptune High School did Buffy creator Joss Whedon refer to as “Best. Show. Ever.”?
8) Before moving to Lawndale High School and getting her own MTV animated series, this brainy student was a foil to Beavis and Butt-Head. Name her.
9) What’s the name of the Twin Peaks High School homecoming queen who turns up dead, wrapped in plastic?
10) Molly Ringwald and George Clooney were two stars of what TV series set at Eastland Academy?
11) Ms. Chandler, Ms. Duke, and Ms. McNamara are the most popular girls at Westerburg High School – and all share the same first name. What is it?
12) What 1934 James Hilton novel set at Brookfield School has been adapted into two movies, a TV movie, and a miniseries?
13) What movie set at Shermer High School was promoted with the tagline “They only met once, but it changed their lives forever”?
14) Self-proclaimed boozer, user, and loser Jerri Blank becomes a 46-year-old freshman at Flatpoint High School in what Comedy Central series?
15) Which Canadian city is the series Degrassi High set in?
16) What TV series about students at Bayside High School was originally set in junior high, when it was called Good Morning, Miss Bliss?
17) What Midtown High School student and future superhero was bitten by a radioactive spider during a field trip to a science exhibition?
1) Enchantment Under the Sea dance (Back to the Future)
2) a hellmouth
3) Rock ‘n’ Roll High School
4) Class of Nuke ‘Em High
5) Betty Cooper, Veronica Lodge (2 points possible)
6) Sweet Valley High
7) Veronica Mars
8) Daria (Morgendorffer for the extra point, maybe)
9) Laura Palmer
10) The Facts of Life
12) Goodbye, Mr. Chips
13) The Breakfast Club
14) Strangers With Candy
16) Saved by the Bell
17) Peter Parker