Round 1 at the Old Pequliar on Oct. 7, 2008
1) Last week, the third grade class at Gladys Wood Elementary school could earn extra credit by doing what?
2) Yoichiro Nambu, Makoto Kobayashi, and Toshihide Maskawa were just awarded the Nobel Prize in what category?
3) Last week, the McCain campaign pulled out of what midwest state, basically conceding its 17 electoral votes to Obama?
4) What two financial service companies are currently battling to take over Wachovia? (half point each)
5) What happened in Vegas led to charges of armed robbery, assault, and kidnapping, which may mean life behind bars for what now-convicted criminal?
6) Bill Ayres, Barack Obama’s terrorist pal, cofounded the radical left wing group the Weathermen. What Bob Dylan song gave the group its name?
7) Apple’s stock price fell 10% on Friday after a “citizen journalist” claimed who had suffered a severe heart attack?
8) Nickelsville, currently located in Discovery Park, has until Wednesday to move to a new location. What is Nickelsville?
9) Last Friday, about 50 women tried out for the Seattle Mist, an expansion team in what sports league?
10) You can no longer get a fish pedicure in Washington State because the Department of Licensing doesn’t believe you can properly do what to a live fish?
1) Show ▼
2) Show ▼
3) Show ▼
4) Show ▼
5) Show ▼
6) Show ▼
7) Show ▼
8) Show ▼
9) Show ▼
10) Show ▼