Round 2 at the Old Pequliar on Dec. 2, 2008
Average score: 6.93/10 (15 teams)
1) Biff, pow, urkkk, glipp, zgrupp, and other words chosen to imitate the sounds in Batman fight scenes are examples of what literary device?
2) The mayor of Batman, Turkey, is suing Warner Brothers and what director for stealing his city’s name?
3) According to the comics, the last movie Bruce Wayne’s parents saw was about what masked adventurer?
4) Super-hacker and information broker Oracle is the current crimefighting identity of what Batman ally paralyzed by the Joker in 1988’s Killing Joke?
5) A scene of Batman debating what crotchety nemesis became popular on YouTube in October because of its amusing echoes of the Obama/McCain debates?
6) In the 1987 Batman story A Death in the Family, readers called 1-900 numbers and voted to kill what character?
7) What fan-favorite director and comic book writer named his daughter Harley Quinn, after the Joker-obsessed villain from Batman: The Animated Series?
8) According to Frank Miller, Gotham City is New York at night, while what other comic book city is New York during the day?
9) Two long-standing members of Batman’s rogues gallery were introduced in 1940 in Batman #1. For a half point each, name them.
10) What go-go dance, introduced in the first episode of the Batman TV series, was nominated for TV Land’s Greatest TV Dance Craze, but lost to The Fonzie?
1) Show ▼
2) Show ▼
3) Show ▼
4) Show ▼
5) Show ▼
6) Show ▼
7) Show ▼
8) Show ▼
9) Show ▼
10) Show ▼