Round 7 at the Old Pequliar on Jan. 6, 2009
For a half point each, identify the movie each question is asking about, and the star from that movie who died in 2008.
1) What 2008 blockbuster is now the second-highest-grossing film domestically, second only to Titanic?
2) The first movie to earn $100 million at the box office, and the highest-grossing film before Star Wars, was what 1975 horror film?
3) What 2002 documentary inspired a 13-minute ovation at the Cannes Film Festival, and a chorus of boos and cheers at the 2003 Academy Awards ceremony?
4) The screenplay for what dark 2003 Christmas comedy received an uncredited rewrite from Joel and Ethan Coen?
5) What 1999 drama, its director’s final film, originally featured Harvey Keitel and Jennifer Jason Leigh, who had to be replaced because of the long production?
6) Rotten Tomatoes says Sylvester Stallone’s worst movie is The Specialist, but in Stallone’s opinion, his worst is what 1992 comedy where he plays a police detective?
7) Fantagraphics’ most popular graphic novel ever was re-released this year in a Special Edition that included the screenplay for what 2001 coming-of-age comedy/drama?
8) According to Debbie Reynolds, the two hardest things she had to do in her life were childbirth and making what classic 1952 musical?
9) Called Kingdom of the Sun when production started, what 2000 animated movie generated a direct-to-DVD sequel focused on the character Kronk, as well as a TV series?
10) On the American Film Institute’s list of the top American comedy films, what 1974 film beat out Young Frankenstein as the funniest by Mel Brooks?
1) Show ▼
2) Show ▼
3) Show ▼
4) Show ▼
5) Show ▼
6) Show ▼
7) Show ▼
8) Show ▼
9) Show ▼
10) Show ▼