Round 2 at the Old Pequliar on April 7, 2009
1) The Mona Lisa’s eyes peek out from the cover of what 2003 mystery, the second-best-selling novel of 2004?
2) To create his piece L.H.O.O.Q., what did Dadaist Marcel Duchamp draw on a postcard of the Mona Lisa?
3) Mona Lisa is one of the craters on what planet, where most of the large craters are named after women?
4) The song “Mona Lisa” was a 1950 hit for what jazz vocalist, who last hit the charts in 1991, 26 years after his death?
5) After the Mona Lisa was stolen in 1911, police questioned what artist, who now has a museum in Paris dedicated to him?
6) In 1800, what world leader moved the Mona Lisa to his bedroom?
7) In 2005, “emotion recognition” software calculated that the Mona Lisa was 9% disgusted, 6% fearful, and 2% angry, but 83% what emotional adjective?
8) Mona Lisa Overdrive is the final book in the Sprawl trilogy. What seminal cyberpunk novel was the trilogy’s first book?
9) When the Mona Lisa came to the US in 1962, you could see it in which two East Coast cities? (Half point each)
10) What did the countess of Bearn add to the Mona Lisa back in 1906, which remains with the painting until this day?
1) The Da Vinci Code
2) mustache & beard (accepted: facial hair or any reasonable variation on that idea)
4) Nat King Cole
5) Pablo Picasso
6) Napoleon I
9) New York & Washington D.C.
10) the frame