Round 6 at the Old Pequliar on May 5, 2009
Superlatives! Some of these contain a superlative in the question, some in the answer.
1) Many journalists writing about bad news in April call it “the cruellest month,” a literary cliche lifted from what poem?
2) “With Burt and Dolly, this much fun just couldn’t be legal” is the tagline for what musical?
3) Some people call them The Veterans, some call them the G.I. Generation, but Tom Brokaw calls them what?
4) The Netherlands’ De Afvallers, Mexico’s Â¿CuÃ¡nto quieres perder? and Israel’s Laredet Begadol are versions of what US series?
5) U2’s “The Sweetest Thing” was the B-side to what single from The Joshua Tree, later covered by Pet Shop Boys?
6) What fumble-fingered actor was The Shakiest Gun in the West?
7) “Theyâ€™re giving you thousands of hours of entertainment for free. What could they possibly owe you? If anything, you owe them.” Comic Book Guy responds with what three-word phrase?
8) The 1962 film The Longest Day gathered “42 international stars” to tell the story of what event?
9) Paddington Bear arrived at London’s Paddington station after emigrating from?
10) According to Life.com’s count of popular tags, what European capital is the most-photographed city on Flickr?
ANSWERS (no peeking!)
1) Show ▼
2) Show ▼
3) Show ▼
4) Show ▼
5) Show ▼
6) Show ▼
7) Show ▼
8) Show ▼
9) Show ▼
10) Show ▼