Featured as round 7 at the Old Pequliar on June 2, 2009
1) Jennifer Jason Leigh rerecorded over an hour of dialogue as the title character of what 1994 biopic after festival audiences declared her too slurry to understand?
2) The posters for what 1985 Catholic school comedy said “The Brothers preached against vice, lust and disrespect. But that never stopped these guys”?
3) What 1980 drama opens with Burt Lancaster (and the audience) watching Susan Sarandon squeeze fresh lemon juice over her breasts?
4) What 1979 Woody Allen film includes the line “I’m older than her father, can you believe that? I’m dating a girl, wherein, I can beat up her father”?
5) What 1994 drama, the final film directed by Louis Malle, brings a famous Chekhov play to New York?
6) What 1995 teen comedy debuted as a TV series in 1996, featuring Rachel Blanchard as the lead?
7) What 1995 animated blockbuster featured a script polish by Joss Whedon and a lead character once known as Lunar Larry?
8) Bravo’s 50th funniest movie and the AFI’s 88th greatest love story is what 1987 comedy based on a William Goldman novel?
9) “I wouldn’t put on an electric blanket for any reason. … That kind of comfort just separates you from reality in a very direct way,” argues one of the title characters as his companion sips wine in what 1981 drama?
10) Who appeared in all nine of these movies?
ANSWERS (no peeking)
1) Show ▼
2) Show ▼
3) Show ▼
4) Show ▼
5) Show ▼
6) Show ▼
7) Show ▼
8) Show ▼
9) Show ▼
10) Show ▼
Average score in the pub: 5.07/10 (14 teams)
How hard was it for you? [ratings]