Round 1 at the Old Pequliar on April 7, 2009
Caution! This round proved insanely difficult. Use at your own risk.
Name the city that’s host to all of these features. Anywhere on the globe is fair game.
1) Where can you tour Her Majesty’s Yacht Britannia, celebrate Hogmanay, and drink up at the Whisky Heritage Centre?
2) Where can you take the the 25 de Abril Bridge across the Tagus River, and get a view of the Christo Rei “Christ the King” statue while riding the scenic Santa Justa Lift?
3) Where can you see the King Mango Strut parade or catch an NBA game in American Airlines Arena after a dip in the Venetian Pool?
4) Where can you visit the top of the tallest free-standing structure in the Americas, then get your sport on at an Argonauts football game or the Hockey Hall of Fame?
5) Where can you see an opera at the Teatro ColÃ³n, the government in action at the Casa Rosada, and an original cast of Rodin’s sculpture The Thinker?
6) Where can you go shopping at the Namdaemun Market, visit Five Grand Palaces, and honor the ancestors of the royal family at the Jongmyo shrine?
7) Where can you see the Victoria Memorial and the Tower of the Martyrs, then get swept up in a massive celebration of the Hindu festival Durga Puja?
8) Where can you visit a patch of rainforest at the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve and the Asian Civilisations Museum while staying at the historic Raffles Hotel?
9) Where can you watch cricket at the stadium that hosted the 1956 Summer Olympics, visit Eureka Tower, the world’s tallest residential tower, and see the preserved body of Phar Lap?
10) Where can you visit the Topkapi Palace, take a spin through a Whirling Dervish Hall, and get yourself scrubbed up at the CaÄŸaloÄŸlu Bath?