These twelve US presidents have something in common. This is a complete list — they’re the only presidents that qualify for this list. What unites them?
John Quincy Adams
Ulysses S. Grant
John F. Kennedy
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Harry S Truman
Hints will be forthcoming if necessary.
HINT #1 (Nov. 6, 2008): Theodore Roosevelt was the first president to qualify for this list.
HINT #2 (Nov. 8, 2008): Bill Clinton had a chance to put himself on the list, but it didn’t work out.
Round 6 at the Old Pequliar on August 12, 2008
Average score: 7.09/11 (11 teams)
1) On Einstein’s 72nd birthday, photographer Arthur Sasse took a picture of him sitting in the back seat of a car doing what?
2) In a 1993 play, Steve Martin tells the story of Einstein meeting what artist, mentioned in the play’s title, at the Lapin Agile?
3) E=MC2 is the title of an album released earlier this year by what pop diva?
4) In 2000, Michael Paterniti published Driving Mr. Albert, a memoir with the subtitle “a trip across America with” what?
5) Leo, June, Quincy, and Annie are the main characters on what Disney Channel animated series?
6) In the Australian comedy Young Einstein, Einstein falls in love with what fellow scientist?
7) Like the fictional genius Sherlock Holmes, Einstein played what musical instrument?
8) The Albert Einstein Memorial, a bronze statue by Robert Berks, is located in what major US city?
9) What frequent guest voice on The Simpsons was born Albert Einstein but changed his name in the late ’60s when he started working as a comedian?
10) In 2000, Time magazine named Einstein the Person of the Century. For one point each, name the two men Time name as runners up.