Round 6 at the Old Pequliar on August 12, 2008
Average score: 7.09/11 (11 teams)
1) On Einstein’s 72nd birthday, photographer Arthur Sasse took a picture of him sitting in the back seat of a car doing what?
2) In a 1993 play, Steve Martin tells the story of Einstein meeting what artist, mentioned in the play’s title, at the Lapin Agile?
3) E=MC2 is the title of an album released earlier this year by what pop diva?
4) In 2000, Michael Paterniti published Driving Mr. Albert, a memoir with the subtitle “a trip across America with” what?
5) Leo, June, Quincy, and Annie are the main characters on what Disney Channel animated series?
6) In the Australian comedy Young Einstein, Einstein falls in love with what fellow scientist?
7) Like the fictional genius Sherlock Holmes, Einstein played what musical instrument?
8) The Albert Einstein Memorial, a bronze statue by Robert Berks, is located in what major US city?
9) What frequent guest voice on The Simpsons was born Albert Einstein but changed his name in the late ’60s when he started working as a comedian?
10) In 2000, Time magazine named Einstein the Person of the Century. For one point each, name the two men Time name as runners up.
1) What band released the album Voices Carry in 1985?
2) What pop star, originally promoted as having a seven-octave vocal range, was voted the greatest voice in music by MTV and Blender magazine?
3) Who ironically wrote “the passive voice is wherever possible used in preference to the active” in his essay “Politics and the English Language”?
4) Jenny Lind, the Swedish Nightingale, toured America in 1850 with what showman?
5) In 1993, the only time it’s been given for a voice-only performance, the MTV Movie Award for Best Comedic Performance went to who?
6) Who became famous for literally talking to his hand — or at least, a cute little face named Johnny that he drew on it?
7) Joan of Arc heard the voice of God and led French forces to victory in the Siege of Orleans. This was a turning point in what war?
8) Which Hitchcock film climaxes just after a frightening nun appears out of the dark and says “I heard voices”?
9) Whose famous baritone can be heard on the original trailer for Revenge of the Nerds, as Robin Masters on Magnum PI, and in a famous bootlegged diatribe about frozen peas?
10) On The Price Is Right, what’s the name of the pricing game where a little climber goes up a mountain, perhaps to his doom, yodeling all the while?