Lyrics word clouds are back!
I’ve taken the lyrics to a popular song, removed the title if it appeared in them, and run the rest through Wordle to create a word cloud.
Do you recognize this song?
What famous French quotation was featured in the paintings known as The Treachery of Images?
Round 2 at the Old Pequliar on April 7, 2009
1) The Mona Lisa’s eyes peek out from the cover of what 2003 mystery, the second-best-selling novel of 2004?
2) To create his piece L.H.O.O.Q., what did Dadaist Marcel Duchamp draw on a postcard of the Mona Lisa?
3) Mona Lisa is one of the craters on what planet, where most of the large craters are named after women?
4) The song “Mona Lisa” was a 1950 hit for what jazz vocalist, who last hit the charts in 1991, 26 years after his death?
5) After the Mona Lisa was stolen in 1911, police questioned what artist, who now has a museum in Paris dedicated to him?
6) In 1800, what world leader moved the Mona Lisa to his bedroom?
7) In 2005, “emotion recognition” software calculated that the Mona Lisa was 9% disgusted, 6% fearful, and 2% angry, but 83% what emotional adjective?
8) Mona Lisa Overdrive is the final book in the Sprawl trilogy. What seminal cyberpunk novel was the trilogy’s first book?
9) When the Mona Lisa came to the US in 1962, you could see it in which two East Coast cities? (Half point each)
10) What did the countess of Bearn add to the Mona Lisa back in 1906, which remains with the painting until this day?
Back from two weeks in Paris and ready to churn out the trivia! Vaguely inspired by the trip is …
What famous French quotation was featured in the paintings known as “The Treachery of Images”?
(Oh, OK: Give yourself half credit if you only know the English translation.)
In the â€™80s, Peter Gabriel, the Thompson Twins, and Bon Jovi each recorded otherwise unrelated songs that shared what title?