Questions about endings, finales, conclusions, etc.
- What poem concludes with the lines “We have lingered in the chambers of the sea / By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown / Till human voices wake us, and we drown”?
- What’s the popular name for the performance of the Catholic sacraments the Anointing of the Sick, the Sacrament of Penance, and/or Viaticum?
- ITunes downloads of the 1971 Badfinger song “Baby Blue” increased 2981% after it played over the final moments of the final episode of what TV series?
- What company took its inspirational tagline from Gary Gilmore’s last words before being executed by firing squad in 1977?
- What DC superhero was presumed dead after being shot by Omega Beams in Final Crisis, though it turns out he’d just been unstuck in time like a goddamn Kurt Vonnegut protagonist?
- Muhammed Ali lost his last two professional fights, against Larry Holmes and Trevor Burbick. His final victory came in 1978, when he reclaimed the World Heavyweight title for a third time after defeating who?
- Native American chief Uncas, who appears alongside Natty Bumppo, is technically the title character of what classic American novel of the French and Indian War?
- What TV series ended when the mysterious and wily Fred Johnson confessed to a murder before falling to his death at an amusement park?
- What New York Times bestseller was based on computer science professor Randy Pausch’s lecture Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams?
- For a half point each, who are the two monsters at the end of the Sesame Street sequel Another Monster at the End of This Book?