Round 7 at the Old Pequliar on Nov. 18, 2008
Average score: 4.2/10 (15 teams) — a little more difficult than I’d like
1) Stephen King wrote the miniseries Rose Red after he left working on what similar 1999 horror film based on a novel by Shirley Jackson?
2) What 2006 Robert Altman comedy is set at a farewell performance at the Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul, Minnesota?
3) John Grisham’s favorite adaptation from any of his novels is what 1997 Francis Ford Coppola film co-starring Danny DeVito?
4) What Rob Reiner movie dramatizes the 1994 trial of Byron de la Beckwith, the white supremacist accused of assassinating Medgar Evars in 1963?
5) According to the poster, what 1995 horror film that spawned four sequels features “an evil born in heaven … about to be unleashed on earth”?
6) Alan Smithee and Judas Booth are credited with directing and writing a longer cut of what David Lynch film, which he turned down Return of the Jedi to film?
7) Until this year’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, what 2006 thriller, set in Seattle, was the last Harrison Ford film in theaters ?
8) Mr. Skin’s favorite movie for seeing Jennifer Connelly naked (butt and breasts!) is what 1990 neo-noir directed by Dennis Hopper?
9) What 1992 horror film, inspired by the legend of Mary Worth, spawned two sequels, subtitled Farewell to the Flesh and Day of the Dead?
10) What actor or actress appears in all nine of these movies?
Round 7 at the Old Pequliar on June 3, 2008
Average score: 4.81/10 (16 teams)
1) What 1992 Hollywood satire features clips from the film Habeas Corpus, with Julia Roberts being rescued from the gas chamber by Bruce Willis?
2) Arnold Schwarzenegger stars as “Moscow’s toughest detective,” who teams up with “Chicago’s craziest cop,” in what 1988 action film?
3) Russell Crowe earned his first Oscar nomination for what 1999 film, a behind-the-scenes drama about the show 60 Minutes?
4) What 1997 John Woo film saw its stars nominated for MTV Movie Awards for both Best On-Screen Duo and Best Villain?
5) The stars of what 1988 drama were trained by T.G.I. Friday’s World Bartender Champion?
6) Estella Warren won a Worst Supporting Actress Razzie for what 2001 film, which was described by Richard Roeper and Jay Leno as “the worst car film ever made”?
7) In his book Seagalogy, local film critic Vern says that “whenever someone asks me what is the best Steven Seagal movie, I tell them” what 1991 film, which came between Marked for Death and Under Siege?
8) What 1995 satire was released on DVD in 2004 in a VIP Edition, featuring The Stranger‘s own David Schmader doing a commentary track?
9) What 1996 neo-noir film, inspired by Billy Wilder, features sex scenes choreographed by sex educator Susie Bright?
10) What actor or actress appeared in all nine of these movies?