Round 5 at the Old Pequliar on August 12, 2008
Average score: 6.55/10 (11 teams)
1) According to a chatty zombie in Return of the Living Dead, what’s the only thing that gets rid of the pain of being dead?
2) The classic 1943 film I Walked With a Zombie was partly inspired by what classic 1847 Gothic novel?
3) What 2006 comic book by Robert Kirkman features brain-craving undead versions of Hulk, Spider-Man, Captain America, Wolverine, and more?
4) There are many recipes for the zombie cocktail, but they all involve what liquor?
5) In 1994, what Irish band asked “What’s in your head?” in their international hit song “Zombie”?
6) George Romero’s Land of the Dead features cameos by Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright, the creators of what zombie spoof released the year before?
7) British pop group The Zombies landed three singles in the US Billboard top 40 between 1964 and 1969. Name any one of them for one point.
8) What music video begins with this disclaimer from the artist: “Due to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress that this film in no way endorses a belief in theoccult”?
9) The phrase “klaatu barada nikto” turned off Gort in The Day the Earth Stood Still. In what 1992 horror sequel does a mangled version of the phrase raise a legion of hostile zombies?
10) The hilariously gory 1985 film Re-Animator, which brought a whole new meaning to the term “giving head,” was based on the story “Herbert West: Reanimator” by what American horror author?